Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Ospreys, Part 3

It was windy with scattered showers on Friday, October 7. I don't know if the weather had anything to do with it, but the ospreys on the San Antonio River were spending most of there time perched in trees when I walked that day.

I was fairly certain there were at least two ospreys that I had seen on my previous walks, but I hadn't seen the two at the same time. On this walk, I had confirmation that there are, in fact, at least two. Each was perched at the top of separate snags not far downstream from the U.S. 90 bridge.











This photo shows the two ospreys on separate snags with the
CPS Mission Road Power Plant Training Facility smokestack in the background.










I really do hope these birds winter over on the river. Whether flying or perched, these birds are truly magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment