Friday, August 12, 2011

Medina River Natural Area; Rio Medina > Nogales > El Chaparral Trails

Today's photos:




















The Medina River Natural Area includes very diverse ecosystems. Walking the trails in the order I did today took me from the river bank through the riparian woodland to the chaparral of the upland area. This was another three hour walk. I could easily have stayed all day if there hadn't been other things I needed to do today.

The Nogales Trail (nogales is Spanish for walnuts) connects the river bank area to the chaparral with most of its length along a high tension electrical easement. The easement has been cleared of trees, but turks cap and Texas bindweed abound attracting numerous butterflies. I will post the butterfly photos in a future Tuesday or Thursday post.

No comments:

Post a Comment