Thursday, August 11, 2011

Crescent Bend Nature Park; Along the Water's Edge Edition

This past Friday, August 5, I went to Crescent Bend Nature Park with the primary intention of walking the upland trail. But it's a fairly safe bet that if I'm that close to a body of water, I'll end up spending some time at the water's edge (or the edge of where water has been as is frequently the case in South Texas). So, Friday before leaving the park, I did wander down to Cibolo Creek and took numerous photos along the water's edge.

The low water crossing at Schaefer Road just east of the park entrance also serves as a weir dam creating a large pool of water above the crossing. It is this pool of water, a small "lake" by Texas standards, that was the source of the name for the Lakeview Subdivision.













As I mentioned in an earlier post, this was a very prolific walk photographically. There are three more series of photos I will be posting on the upcoming Tuesdays and Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment