Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Even A Bit Closer

When I was photographing this Snowy Egret, I thought it might be the same bird I photographed on September 13th. Both sets of photographs were taken from about the same location, but the river was running higher this day due to rain earlier in the morning. This egret was even closer than the one I had photographed in September:









As I have mentioned previously, the river birds are fairly territorial and generally stay relatively close to their nesting sites for extended periods of time. After looking closely at both sets of photographs, however, I'm fairly certain this is a different bird from the one I had previously photographed.

This set of photographs was taken along the Mission Reach of the San Antonio River near the Roosevelt Park Trailhead on Thursday, October 31, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment