Thursday, December 15, 2011

The American Robin

The American Robin is a common bird found in all areas of the continental United States. The one place I can almost always count on seeing them is in the Headwaters Sanctuary in the Olmos Basin. There is a fairly large flock of robins that have made this area in the basin a permanent home for many years. These photos were taken on my walk on Friday, November 25:




















There are three additional species of robins: White-throated, Rufous-backed and Clay-colored. These three are rarely seen as far north as the Rio Grande Valley.

1 comment:

  1. I keep saying this series is my favorite, and you keep making more pictures that are my favorite.

    These are my new-new-new-new-new favorite images, especially the ones with the water reflections because they feel so unexpected.

    ReplyDelete