Thursday, September 15, 2011

Leon Creek Greenway, O. P. Schnabel Park Trailhead, South

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Today's photos:


















I began today's walk in O. P. Schnabel Park. I walked the natural surface trails to the paved trail that goes down to the Leon Creek Greenway trail. I stayed on the paved trail walking south to a point about a mile north of the Leon Vista Park Trailhead, then walked the dirt trail in the creek bed back north towards the O. P. Schnabel Park trail.

The deer were out in droves, but for the most part were too deep in the brush to get a good photo. As can be seen from the photos, I still managed to photograph a few of them. I was tempted to leave out the vulture photo because I have published so many photos of them already, but the one pictured above made the lowest pass over my head of any vulture to date. I figure it deserves publication.

The drought continues. There is a cool front approaching the area that may bring some scattered showers in the coming days. Any rain we get won't come soon enough. The Bexar County Fire Marshall issued a reminder today that the high fire danger will continue at least through the next week whether we get scattered showers or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment