Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Eisenhower Park, Yucca > Live Oak > Cedar Flats Trails

Today's photos:





















There are still trails I haven't walked yet in several of the parks I have previously visited. During my visit to Eisenhower Park on June 6, I walked the trails north of the Cedar Flats trail. So today, it was back to Eisenhower Park to walk the trails south of the Cedar Flats trail.

I have just a few observations to add to the photos. Rain lilies are blooming in great profusion throughout Bexar County following last weekend's rain. I found the juxtaposition of the rain lilies with the prickly pear cactus particularly fascinating. There were lots of dragonflies. Only one perched for a brief period. I tried many times to get photos of them in flight, but only the one photo came close to being successful. Finally, I have posted several photos of male cardinals, but today it was a female cardinal that was relatively cooperative.

There is one section of Eisenhower Park I have yet to walk: the northwest corner. Eventually I will return to walk those trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment