Friday, July 29, 2011

Friedrich Wilderness Park, Main Loop > Vista Loop > Upland Range Trail

Today's photos:





















This was one of those days when I was so into the walk, I spent more time on the trail than I had intended. Those who are familiar with Friedrich Park will know that the set of trails I covered today are more than a bit physically demanding.

Those who know me, know I'm not one to pass up a good challenge. In case anyone is wondering, I am very experienced on hill country trails and have good upper body strength, so as long as I can get a firm footing under the forearm crutches, I can manage the terrain. The biggest challenge is the gravel they put down to mark the trail and limit erosion. It has a tendency to roll out from under a crutch tip about the time I put my full weight on it.

I hope today's photos show that the relatively difficult level of the trail (ADA level 4) was worth the effort. The Fern Del Trail may be beyond my limit from what I have read about it, but I will at least give it a try next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment