Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Salado Creek Greenway, Oakwell Trailhead, South

Walking south towards Rittiman Road
The Salado Park Greenway exits Robert Tobin Park and continues south of Austin Highway. This section of the greenway does not have the rest stops that the path has in the park. Also, after the path crosses the creek south of Eisenhauer Road, there is little tree canopy to provide shade. As the greenway is developed by the city, hopefully this section of the path north of Rittiman Road will be redirected closer to the creek bed.


One advantage of the section from Austin Highway to the creek crossing is that it is easier to get close to the actual creek bed than it was along the section I walked Monday. The lizard in the photo below ran across the path in front of me, then stopped long enough for me to take its photo. I actually took four, but this is the best one. When I was satisfied I had the photo I wanted, it scampered off into the woods. I love it when the animals pose for their portraits.
















No comments:

Post a Comment