Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Inspiration

The inspiration for this blog began this past week with two walks along the San Antonio River between the Pearl Brewery and the San Antonio Museum of Art. On the first walk on Tuesday, May 10th, I only had my cellphone camera so the few photos I took have serious technical limitations. There is one in particular from that series that I like:



Ripples and Ducklings


Thursday, May 12th I had my dSLR with me. There are seven photos from that walk which are excellent examples of what I have in mind for my mission for this blog:

yellow crowned night heron 1

yellow crowned night heron 2

yellow crowned night heron 3

This night heron's crown and the stripe on the side of his face really are yellow. The light from the overcast sky suppressed the true color of these feathers.


mallard on the water

the couple 1

the couple 2

the couple 3

This next week, I plan to explore the Salado Creek greenway between Austin Highway and Loop 410.


No comments:

Post a Comment