Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Tree Filled With Cedar Waxwings

Friday, March 29, 2013

I didn't make it out for a walk today, but I never seem to be lacking photos to post. As a matter of fact, as I have pointed out on numerous occasions, living in the Olmos Basin all I have to do is look out the window or walk out my door and I can find more than enough to photograph.

So, there had been a very large flock of Cedar Waxwings camping out at the top of the pecan tree in my backyard for almost two weeks. The first photo below only shows about a fifth of the total flock. The best I can estimate there were between sixty and ninety waxwings all together.

I went out early Monday morning (March 25, 2013) and took this series of photos as they were just beginning to fly off for the day. It's a good thing I did. They didn't return in the evening and haven't been back since:








No comments:

Post a Comment