Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Beginning a New Year

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My first walk of 2013 will be tomorrow. I'm not sure this evening where that walk will be, but it will probably be a trail I have walked in the past year.

There are a lot of miles of nature trails in Bexar County. I have seen varying numbers in different sources and I won't speculate on which is correct here. Whatever the number, I have walked a good many of the miles in the nineteen and a half months since beginning While on a Walk.

There are many miles of trails I have not walked yet, either because I just haven't gotten around to them, or because they recently opened. I am looking forward to walking these trails in this new year.

For today, here is another set of butterfly photos from my walk along the Mission Reach of the San Antonio River on Friday, December 7, 2012. This is a variegated fritillary (Euptoieta claudia) along with a white checkered-skipper (Pyrgus albescens) on firewheel flowers (Gaillardia pulchella Foug.):




No comments:

Post a Comment