Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Few More Birds Along the Salado Creek Boardwalk

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Here are a few more birds that I photographed on my walk along Salado Creek yesterday (Monday, January 28, 2013).

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, one of the major complications I had to deal with was the fact that the overcast sky combined to produce both a dim light and a pronounced background glare. It made it difficult to see, much less photograph, especially, the smaller birds. I think this difficulty is more pronounced in this series than it was in yesterday's:
















The first three and last two photos in the series are a loggerhead shrike. From the time I started the walk until I returned about an hour and a half later, this shrike was still perched in the same location on the wire.

The fourth, fifth and sixth photos are a Audubon's yellow-rumped warbler.

The seventh, eighth and ninth photos are the State Bird of Texas, the northern mockingbird.

And the tenth, eleventh and twelfth photos are a northern flicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment