Friday, October 12, 2012

A Yanaguana Friday

Friday, October 12, 2012

San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, Mission San Juan Capistrano, Yanaguana Nature Trails

Today's photos:









Before breaking my arm early in the morning on Monday, September 10, I had been planning on walking the Yanaguana Nature Trail later that day. Today, a bit over a month later I finally made the walk. I'm still not nearly as functional as I was before the break, but in a rather ironic way, it has slowed me down and made me even more observant of my surroundings than I was before.

This is the first of three sets of photos from today's walk. I could easily have spent two or three times longer on the trail than my schedule and stamina allowed.

One of the plants that I was a little surprised, but very pleased, to see was the Lindheimer muhly. This is a native Texas bunch grass endemic to the Edwards Plateau. It is being used increasingly in home landscaping. Since this one small stand of the grass is growing under a tree, I suspect a bird had carried a beak full of seed from a planting nearby and dropped the seed before the bird could eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment