Friday, August 3, 2012

More of the Little Things in Life

Friday, August 3, 2012

Eisenhower Park, Cedar Flats > Upper Shady Creek > Hillside Trails

Today's photos:















The effects of the continuing drought are very apparent at Eisenhower Park right now. We have had a fairly wet year since December, but we need a lot more rain to make up for the lack of rain the previous year.

A surprising number (at least to me) of the junipers have died in the past year. Many of the larger deciduous trees are clearly stressed. On the other hand, much of the understory and ground cover vegetation is doing quite well.

I found myself taking a variety of photos as I walked along the trails. The impact of the drought could easily have been the theme for today's post, but in the editing this evening, once again the photos of the little things I encountered particularly stood out.

No comments:

Post a Comment