Saturday, November 19, 2011

Salado Creek Greenway, Lady Bird Johnson Park Trailhead, Upstream

Friday, November 18, 2011

Today's photos:
















It has been about nine weeks since the last time I walked this section of the Salado Creek Greenway and about ten weeks since the wildfire scorched the creek and adjoining land east of Wetmore Rd. I set out on the walk today specifically to find out how this wetland section of Salado Creek was responding to the somewhat wetter weather we have been having since September and to see how, if at all, the burned area was beginning to recover.

What I encountered was another total sensory overload of the type I have come to expect when walking the Mission Reach of the San Antonio River. I now have what feels like, at this late hour, an overwhelming task of organizing the experience and the photos for publication. The photos published here are a mere sample, not even a real cross section, expressing my experience of today's walk. I will have at least two, and possibly three, more posts based on what I came away with today.

The best I can manage to say at the moment is that the wetland is wet and wow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment