Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The San Antonio River, Mission Reach, Concepcíon Park Trailhead to Confluence Park (And Back)

Today's photos:





















I walked early this morning, at least early for me. At the moment I am at a loss for words. The photos say more than I can possibly write.


I am writing this after the news that Steve Jobs has died. I dedicate this post to his memory. Without his innovations, this blog would likely not exist. As computer technology came on the market, I went straight from a Commodore 64 to a Mac. I learned digital photography using a Mac platform.

I have the greatest admiration for both Steve Job's work and for him as a person. He had an unwavering commitment to excellence. With my own experience with medical crisis, I especially relate to a quote from the 2005 commencement address he delivered at Stanford University:
Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment