Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Leon Creek Greenway, Mainland Trailhead, South

Today's photos:























It rained yesterday on the eastern and western edges of Bexar County. I wasn't sure from the radar how much fell on the upper Leon Creek watershed, but apparently not enough to create much, if any water flow in the creek. I actually began my walk this morning going the short distance north back to the pool where I ended Monday's photos. I was surprised and disappointed to find considerably less water in the pool than there had been on Monday.

From the pool of water, I walked south to about a half mile or so south of Bandera Rd. The Leon Creek Greenway is apparently open all the way south to Ingram Rd now, but the trailheads are far and few between in this new section. The next trailhead south of Bandera Rd is at Grissom Rd.

The photos are posted in the order they were taken. When a walk begins with photos of a white-tailed deer family, it is likely going to be a very good walk. I think the photos, once again, speak for themselves.

For whatever it's worth, according to my blogger stats, this is my 100th post. That's a lot of walking and a lot of photos. I look forward to the next 100 posts. For all who have given me feedback along the way, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment