Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Trees of Crownridge Canyon Natural Area

When I saw the red fox upon my arrival at Crownridge Canyon Natural Area Monday, August 8, my first thought was, "What could I possibly experience on my walk that will top this encounter?" Then the rabbit leapt across the trail. At that point, I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised to have encountered a coyote or even a mountain lion.

But for the duration of the walk, it was the majesty of the trees that became almost overwhelming. Mountain Cedar, Red Oak, Live Oak, Walnut, Cedar Elm, and more form a dense canopy along the walls of the canyons. The breeze blowing through the canopy had a slight cool edge to it that I hadn't felt on my walks for a couple weeks.

So, today's post is a series dedicated specifically to the wonder, awe and delight embodied within these trees:











No comments:

Post a Comment