Friday, August 5, 2011

Crescent Bend Nature Park; The Upland "Street View" Edition

Today's photos:















I did make it back to Schertz today to walk more of the trail at Crescent Bend Nature Park. Today's photos are from the upland area where the Lakeview Subdivision housing was located until the flood of 1998.

All of the other nature parks in Bexar County are either floodplain land that has never been developed or land that was previously ranch and farm land. Crescent Bend is unique in that it is land that was formerly a subdivision that is being returned to its natural state.

As I mentioned in my post Monday, the asphalt streets complete with street signs and some utility lines remain. I'm not sure why these have been left, but the street signs impress me as historical markers that give the park a specific context. In a sense, it has the feeling of being a ghost town without buildings.

Photographically, this was a very productive walk. I have several series of photos from this morning that I will be posting on upcoming Tuesdays and Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment