Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Few Notes and Reflections on the First Two Months

Eisenhower Park

This past Friday (Jul 15) marked the two month anniversary of While On A Walk. I haven't kept any kind of record of how far I've walked in those two months, but I'll take a semi-educated guess that it has been around 55 to 60 miles.

I have covered a good part of the Salado Creek Greenway from north of Voelcker Ln to South Side Lions Park, the San Antonio River from its headwater in Olmos Basin to Mission San Juan Capistrano and a number of other assorted locations. in these past two months, I have experienced the dry uplands such as are found in Eisenhower Park and the relatively lush environment of the San Antonio River channel.

The numbers don't mean a whole lot, but if anyone is interested, as of today, this is the 49th post, I have published 577 photos and there have been a total of 665 page views (blogger doesn't list unique visits). I have been asked what I'll do when I have walked all the trails. I have barely begun and seriously doubt I'll run out of new trails any time soon.

I have a few features I'm in the process of preparing to add to the blog as separate pages, such as a page specifically on the San Antonio River restoration process. This has been by far the single most popular series of photos I have published so far.

From my personal perspective, I am quite amazed that I have only missed one walk in the two months and that was because of jury duty. Even with that, I still managed a post for the day. Allowing for my medical situation, I am probably in the best physical condition I have been in since I finished Army basic training in 1971.

I have learned much from the feedback I have received and look forward to sharing my experience of the Bexar County and South Texas environment for the foreseeable future.

Eagleland Reach, San Antonio River

No comments:

Post a Comment