Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The San Antonio River, Mission Reach 1

Here are today's photos:















Perhaps I should have titled this blog: "Herons and Egrets and Ducks, Oh My! (And Cormorants and Hawks, Too)" I am definitely getting a plethora of pictures of birds.

Fortunately there is enough diversity of wildlife to post a variety of photographs. Given the number of photos I took today, I will probably use many of them for the Tuesday and Thursday posts next week.

The first phase of the Mission Reach goes from Lone Star Blvd to Mitchell St. I was going to walk the second phase of the trail on Friday, but signs are posted that the section from Mitchell St to Mission Rd is still closed for construction. The grand opening of the first two phases isn't until June 25th.

Tomorrow's post is a tribute to a drought survivor. By Friday, I'll have come up with an alternative trail to walk. I still have many, many miles of trail left to walk around San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment