Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Medina River Natural Area in June

Friday, June 13, 2014

As I mentioned at the beginning of the previous post, I have been very active so far this year. I have walked regularly preparing for and leading tours. I also found time on occasion to take an abundance of photos.

Today's post is a look back at the Medina River Natural Area in mid-June. This set of photos was taken along the El Camino and lower Rio Medina trails:










From top to bottom:
Photos 1, 2, 3, 4:  Turk's Cap (Malvaviscus arboreus var. drummondii)
     (Turk's Cap is blooming profusely this summer.)
Photo 5:  Prickly Pear (Opuntia sp.)
Photo 6:  Alamo Vine (Merremea dissecta)
Photo 7:  Pearl Crescent butterfly (Phyciodes tharos)
     (I might publish another post later about the decline in pollinators. From what I have observed over the past year or so, there has been a dramatic reduction in the number of pollinator insects of all kinds here in Bexar County.)
Photo 8:  Mustang Grape leaves (Vitis mustangensis)
Photo 9:  Fragrant Flatsedge (Cyperus odoratus)

No comments:

Post a Comment