Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Birds at Elmendorf Lake, Part 2

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 *

When I arrived at Elmendorf Lake Park Monday, January 7, I parked in the lot on SW 19th St closest to the dam in the southeast corner of the park. From the parking lot, I walked upstream and continued counterclockwise around the loop trail that circles the lake.

With the exception of the vermillion flycatcher in Sunday's entry, I am posting the photos of the birds in this multi-part series in the order they were taken as I walked around the lake. This set of photos include a great blue heron (Ardea herodias), northern shovelers (Anas clypeata), and lesser scaups (Aythya affinis):













* Due to the full schedule I have this week taking a class, all posts for the week will be from previous walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment