Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Another Gregarious Great Egret

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

This wasn't my first encounter with a rather gregarious great egret. But this egret seemed to me to be even more intentionally gregarious than the one I had encountered on my walk on Wednesday, February 8.

The egret in February had flown across the river because it spotted something to eat off the side of the greenway trail. It apparently was hungry enough to tolerate my presence while I photographed it.

On my walk along the San Antonio River on Friday, August 31, the egret in the photos below had been in the vegetation along the bank just downstream of the Alamo St bridge. As I approached the bridge, this magnificent bird took off, flew under the bridge and landed not far from me in a perfect location for me to photograph it.

During the entire encounter, I had the feeling this egret was intentionally putting on a show for me:












No comments:

Post a Comment