Friday, September 14, 2012

An Appropriate Metaphor

Thursday, September 13, 2012

If I were more awake and lucid, I could write volumes, or at least a short poem, about this precariously tenacious plant and its apparent circumstances. But I am just awake enough to keep from falling asleep face down on the keyboard; my lucidity is highly questionable at the moment. So, I will let this photo stand alone as an apt metaphor:


UPDATE:  Saturday, September 15, 2012,  2:27 PM

Metaphors are never 100% perfect. I need to add, at no time during this past week, did I ever feel as alone, helpless and left to the whim of the elements as this plant appears to be. As a matter of fact, with the overwhelming love, support and assistance of numerous family members and friends, I accomplished far more in the past week than I would have ever dared dream possible as I was laying on the hospital gurney in ER in the wee hours of Monday morning. I am still a bit bewildered by it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment