Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Up A Creek, Part 2: Details, Details, Details

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

This is the second set of photos from my walk in the Salado Creek Greenway North (pdf map link) yesterday, Monday, June 18:



















The system I use for taking and processing the photos for this blog lends itself especially well to presenting small details I encounter along the trails. For better or worse over the past year of producing the blog, while I am very aware of my total surroundings, my eye now tends to be attracted to these small details.

In yesterday's post, I tried to present something of an overview of the landscape along this section of Salado Creek. It is indeed South Texas landscape at its finest. The photos today are predominantly my more typical flowers, insects and birds.

The last photo in the series of the black vulture landing on a high tension utility tower may seem out of place with the other photos. There is an electric utility easement that crosses the greenway. As I walked under the wires, I saw this magnificent bird approaching the tower and just couldn't pass up photographing its final landing approach.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the small details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura,

      I know the cyclists and joggers miss most of the small details. Many of the people walking the trails miss them, too. The devil may be in the details as the saying goes, but that's where most of the beauty is too.

      Delete