Friday, June 8, 2012

Then the Magic Happened... Again

Friday, June 8, 2012

San Antonio River, Mission Reach, Roosevelt Park Trailhead

Today's photos:









I drove to the Roosevelt Park Trailhead on the San Antonio River Greenway today fully intent on a relatively short walk to take just a few photos to post this evening. Then the magic happened… again.

You see, today is my thirty-eighth wedding anniversary, so I just needed five, maybe as many as eight, photos to post tonight. I knew I wouldn't have much time to get the photos edited and prepped for publication.

But then the magic happened as it always does along the river. All sorts of creatures began showing up in front of the camera. Yes, I am to the point where I can pass up the mallards, cormorants, sunflowers, firewheels (except when there are butterflies perched on them) and any number of other creatures.

Have you ever tried to walk by a yellow-crowned night heron, or a snowy egret, or a killdeer, or a damselfly and not take a picture? Okay, maybe I'll pass by an egret or two, but never a raptor, or a scissor-tailed flycatcher. I dread the consequence if I walked away from one without taking a photo.

All of this is just a long way of saying there are a whole lot more photos, several posts worth as a matter of fact, to be published from today's walk. Consider this an introductory overview. And as an anniversary gift to my wife, Lorraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment