Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Green-winged Teal on Cibolo Creek

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I have so many sets of photos from the past week and a half that I haven't published yet, the biggest challenge for today was deciding which set to choose. I finally decided to use this set from my walk on Friday, February 3 at Crescent Bend Nature Park primarily because it was a misty, drizzly day that gives these images a softness that is something of a change of pace from the San Antonio River photos.

There was a small flock of Green-winged Teal on the creek that afternoon. They were very skittish; much more so than any of the ducks I have photographed on Salado Creek or the San Antonio River. Whenever I tried to approach closer to get better photos they would fly several hundred feet further away:














No comments:

Post a Comment