Thursday, January 26, 2012

More Birds Along the Medina River Greenway

Thursday, January 26, 2012

One thing I have realized that should have been obvious all along is that it is somewhat easier to photograph the smaller woodland birds in winter when the trees and brush are bare. While the birds are still quite active and tend not to remain perched in one location for very long, at least it is easier to see and follow them as they move among the branches.

There were numerous birds along the Medina River Greenway this past Monday. Here are a few photos that I didn't include in my January 23rd post:

Field Sparrow

Field Sparrow

Black Vulture

Black Vulture

Chipping Sparrow

Chipping Sparrow

American Robin

American Robin

White-crowned Sparrows

White-crowned Sparrow

I think this is an American Pipit, but I'm not certain.

This is the same bird as in the previous photo.

This looks to me like a female Ladder-backed Woodpecker, but again, I'm not certain .

Northern Cardinal

Northern Cardinal

No comments:

Post a Comment