Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Leon Creek South Greenway, Pearsall Park Trailhead

Monday, January 30, 2012

Today's photos:













The Leon Creek South Greenway's trailhead is in Pearsall Park off of Old Pearsall Road just north of Medina Base Road. Of the mile and a half (one way) long trail, I walked to the one mile marker today. As can be seen in some of the photos, it was heavy overcast.

The weather forecast had been for a slight possibility of light mist and drizzle this afternoon. When I was still a half mile from returning to the trailhead, it began to rain heavy enough that for the first time since beginning my walks this past May, I had to tuck my camera under my jacket and put on my rain poncho.

There were a lot of birds along the trail. In order to make the photo editing more manageable, I will post additional photos featuring them tomorrow.

(As of midnight, the San Antonio airport had received almost a half inch of much needed rain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment