Monday, November 7, 2011

Bamberger Nature Park, Trails in the Park 1

Today's photos:





















Two of my previous walks on the Leon Creek Greenway have begun at the Bamberger Park trailhead, but I had yet to walk any but a very small portion of the natural surface trails within the park itself.Today's walk was along the dirt trails that more or less parallel Babcock Rd on the western edge of the park.

The sky was fairly heavily overcast this morning. The nature of the light, whether highly diffuse and a bit on the dim side as it was today, or the high contrast light of direct sunlight has a definite influence both on what stands out to me to be worth photographing as well as the mood conveyed through the photos. I think these photos communicate the experience of the walk very effectively.

I don't know how many miles of dirt trail there are in Bamberger Park, but I do know I will be doing at least a couple more walks exploring them. I was so fascinated with the location, I could easily have spent the whole day there today.

2 comments:

  1. Your photographs are like Japanese calligraphy (shodo)-- delicate and muscular at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Courtenay. That means a lot, especially hearing it from you.

    ReplyDelete