Monday, August 29, 2011

Medina River Natural Area, Rio Medina Loop Trail

Today's photos:





















I was in a meeting most of this morning and faced something of a dilemma for my walk. Ideally I would have made it an evening walk. However, as hot as it has been, it didn't seem like there would be much difference in terms of temperature whether I walked at 2 pm or 6 pm.

I hadn't walked the entire Rio Medina Loop Trail at the Medina River Natural Area yet and it provided the solution for my dilemma. This trail is almost entirely through fairly dense riparian woodland, so I could count on being in the shade for almost all the walk. Also, the trail is in the Medina River's natural flood channel. It is at least thirty feet lower than the surrounding upland. The temperature was at least ten degrees cooler on the trail.

Once again, photographically, it was a very prolific experience. Many more photos from the walk will be included in upcoming Tuesday / Thursday posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment