Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Leon Creek Greenway, Bamberger Nature Park Trailhead, South

Today's photos:



















This morning I walked the Leon Creek Greenway from the Bamberger Nature Park trailhead south to just past the Buddy Calk trailhead where there is a naturally embayed pond. On my return walk to the parking lot, I left the main greenway trail and walked one of the natural surface (dirt) trails through Bamberger Nature Park.

I'm still trying to process this morning's walk - in every sense of the term. I'm not sure if, with three months experience, I'm really getting better at observation, or if mother nature has just become unusually cooperative lately. Whatever it is, if I continue getting exceptional sets of photos at the rate I have been on recent walks, I may add Saturday and / or Sunday posts just to keep up with getting the photos published in a timely manner.

This morning was by far the most intense experience I have had since beginning this blog just over three months ago. Almost every time I looked in a new direction, I had a new encounter. The biodiversity was literally unexpected and overwhelming. Rather than publish an overwhelming set of photos in this post, consider the above series, while powerful in its own right, as an introduction to four Tuesday and Thursday posts that will be published in the coming weeks.

As a bit of foreshadowing of posts to come, in the real world, roadrunners don't go "beep-beep."

No comments:

Post a Comment